Creating a Flawless Base



A step by step guide on creating that flawless base...

It's a common problem when it comes to perfecting a flawless make up look, you find the perfect shade foundation, the right coverage etc but it just doesn't last ... fast forward a few hours and your on a night out starring at a pasty, flaky, patchy complexion and yes that is your reflection in the mirror of the ladies loos. How do we get our make up to last a little longer? I have a few essential products that are just the trick.

Step one: Prime! If you want your foundation to last then it is really important to prime! This key layer gives your foundation something to cling to, red skin? oily? dry? No worries, primers come in all sorts of types, so you can correct any flaws before you even start on foundation, you may even find you wear less, hello natural! My favourite primer is Revlon Skin Lights in Bare Light, this is tinted and gives the skin a radiant feel without making me super shiny.
Step two: Foundation, choose a foundation that works for your skin type, I prefer to go a little more full coverage when it comes to an evening on the town, my current go to is the Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk in shade 6, this baby doesn't budge, is sweat proof (we have all had a crazy moment on the dance floor) and doesn't contain SPF making it great for flash photos.
Step three: Highlight and contour! Bronzer is the secret weapon of woman without cheekbones, if like me your not blessed with amazing bone structure - fake it! A matte bronzer or one with minimal shimmer like Nars Laguna can create cheekbones to die for all with the help of an angled brush. Not a bronzer fan? Try applying your blush on top of your cheekbones instead of the apples of the cheeks, it is way more flattering, I have been loving Daniel Sandler Watercolour Fluid Blush in So Pretty, it is a gorgeous natural flushed shade, truly living up to its name!
Step four: Powder! A step I used to skip, but after discovering Soap and Glory's One Heck of a Blot, a super translucent setting powder, it is now the most important step in my routine. Use this one the T-zone to keep shine at bay and keep foundation in place.



What are your essentials for a night out? Any tips on how to make your make up last? Comment below!

4 comments

  1. Loved reading your tips I'm devoted to my one heck of a blott too, I'm determined to buy the Giorgio Armarni foundation it really sounds amazing, I didn't know it was sweat proof :)

    EmmiHearts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks:) Yeah the foundation is lovely!x

      Delete
  2. Wonderful post...I like your blog.^^
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey thanks for checking out my blog, I already follow yours:)x

      Delete

© W.M.C
Design:Maira Gall.