The Bold Lip Everyday Face

When it comes to a bold bright red lip for the daytime I like to keep the rest of my make up minimal, for this look the red lip in question is none other than Rimmel Moisture Renew in Mayfair Red Lady, the formula of these lipsticks are great for daytime, they are bold and creamy and keep your lips looking hydrated as well as being incredibly pigmented. I am definitely going to be picking up a few more shades from this range.

For my base I stuck to my current favourite foundation Bourjois Happy Light in shade 53, the coverage is medium, I apply this with my Real Techniques Buffing Brush for a flawless finish and then complete my base with Rimmel's Wake Me Up Concealer, I am currently on the hunt for a new concealer for under the eyes so let me know in the comments if you have any recommendations. To contour I used my old friend Nars Laguna Bronzer, the colour of this bronzer really suits my skin tone and gives me a natural warm shadow in the hollows of my cheeks, I pair this with M.A.C's Mineralize Skin Finish in Soft and Gentle, this is the prettiest powder I own and when applied to the cheekbones it gives the most gorgeous glow.

For my eyes I kept it simple with the Bourjois 24 hour Colour Eyeshadow in Or Desir on my lids, this cream to powder finish lasts all day even without primer, and it has a lovely metallic finish which you can build up to be as bold as you like, for this look I also used Bourjois' Liquid Eyeliner in Brown as I find it looks better than black for daytime. To frame my face I used my HD Brows Palette along with a new brow product I am currently testing, the Maybelline Brow Drama in Dark Brown, I haven't quite made my mind up about this yet, it is very subtle so I do find myself still using powder but the brush does help to create a very natural look. 

Have you tried any of the Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipsticks yet? Do you have a favourite shade?




1 comment

  1. I definitely need soft & gentle in my life, it looks so gorgeous! <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete

© W.M.C
Design:Maira Gall.