Beauty Icons: Marilyn Monroe



When it comes to beauty inspiration, Marilyn Monroe is up there with the greats. As well as being in probably my most favourite movie ever 'Some Like It Hot' she is also a huge inspiration for me when it comes to putting make up on. No one can pull a red lip off quite like Marilyn did, with her feline like eyeliner and perfectly groomed eyebrows she always managed to look flawless. In an ode to Marilyn I thought I would show you the products I use to re-create this classic sexy look:

Base - To start with I prep my skin with M.A.C's Fortified Skin Enhancer, this illuminator makes a perfect layer for my foundation to go onto, for foundation I am really loving the Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk in the shade 4, this gives perfect coverage that lasts all night and as it contains no SPF it doesn't give the ghost face if flash photography is used making it perfect for nights out. For concealing I love the Collection 2000 lasting perfection concealer, this is great for blemishes and the under eye area. Powder wise I have recently been using the Sleek Luminous pressed powder compact. This helps to keep the shine at bay and set my make up in place.

Eyes - For the perfect cat eye I love the L'Oreal Super Liner in black, the felt tip like pen makes the cat eye easy. After curling my my lashes with the Shu Uemura curlers I apply the Collection 2000 Dolled Up Mascara, this gives a lovely curl and volume to my lashes.

Contour - I really only use one bronzing powder and that is the Nars Laguna powder, this gives my face some definition and enhances those not existent cheekbones.For a bit of highlight I like M.A.C's Mineralized Skin Finish in Soft and Gentle, a cult product that just gives the most gorgeous glow to the skin.

Lips - The lips are definitely the most important part of this classic look, I can't get enough of the Kate Moss Rimmel London Lasting Finish Lipstick in 107, this deep red really suits my skin tone and as the product title suggests it really does stay put.

I really think this look suits everyone, whether your fair or dark.



Who is your beauty inspiration?




No comments

Post a Comment

© W.M.C
Design:Maira Gall.